2018 KJLS Scholarship Program
Click Here for 2018 Scholarship Form (fillable pdf)
Award outstanding Kansas Junior Livestock Show participants scholarship support for future educational endeavors.
The Kansas Junior Livestock Show reserves the right to award 10 – 18 scholarships annually in varying amounts from $750 to $2,500.
- Kansas Junior Livestock Show exhibitor in current year.
- Current high school senior with plans to enroll in a post-secondary educational program or is currently enrolled in post-secondary school.
- Have not previously received a Kansas Junior Livestock Show scholarship.
- Not a family member of a member of the Scholarship Selection Committee.
- Completed application (Application form available at kjls.org)
- Two letters of reference. One of the reference letters must be from your County 4-H agent or your school FFA advisor.
- A letter from the applicant to the Selection Committee outlining future educational plans.
- A high school transcript plus, if applicable, a college transcript. Also include a listing of courses in which enrolled for current fall school term.
- Due to limited filing space, we ask that you not put a cover on the KJLS Scholarship application when submitting. A staple or paperclip in the top left-hand corner will suffice. Report covers and bindings take up more filing space and require additional handling than the single fastener requested.
- Do not submit additional pages of photos with the application.
- All materials postmarked by August 15, and submitted to Kansas Junior Livestock Show, P.O. Box 462, Colwich, KS 67030.
- 4-H/FFA activities and leadership (40 points)
- School activities and leadership (30 points)
- Academic Information (20 points)
- Participation in Kansas Junior Livestock Show (20 points)
- Other activities, leadership and work experience (30 points)
- References (20 points)
- Career Plans (20 points)
- Honors (20 points)
Selection and Award Process
- Applications will be reviewed by at five-person committee chosen by the Executive Committee of the Kansas Junior Livestock Show.
- Recipients will be selected by this committee just prior to the show and confirmed with show superintendents on Friday following KJLS check-in (for all four species).
- Winners will be notified and are expected to wear a nice blazer, button-up shirt and clean, pressed slacks or khakis during the scholarship presentation on Saturday of the Show. Scholarship recipients must be present to receive the award.
- The Scholarship Selection Committee has the sole responsibility and discretion for determining the eligibility and awarding of scholarships and the committee decision shall be final.
- Announcement and introduction of scholarship recipients will be during the Awards Presentation on Saturday of the Show.
- Payment of scholarship will be made directly to 4-H/FFA members and their school upon proof of full time enrollment in a post-secondary educational program AND payment of tuition.
- A scholarship must be used within three years after the day it was awarded.